Terms and Conditions
Greenwich Auction Terms & Conditions:
Prior to bidding, please read our terms and conditions detailed below. Greenwich Auction requires each and every bidder, whether bidding in person, on the phone, by absentee bid, or through one of our online bidding venues, i.e. LiveAuctioneers.com, Invaluable.com, AuctionZip.com, Bidsquare.com accepts the terms and conditions of the sale.
All Items Must be Paid Within Two Weeks & Picked up Within Four Weeks, Any Items Remaining with Greenwich Auction Past Four Weeks will be Considered Abandoned Property and Forfeited by the Buyer
1. The lots listed in all catalogs will be offered by Antique Treasures LLC dba Greenwich Auction as owner or as agent for consignor(s) subject to the following terms and conditions. BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ORDER BID, TELEPHONE, INTERNET OR OTHER MEANS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. All property IS SOLD AS IS, where is and without recourse, and neither the consignor(s) nor Greenwich Auction makes any representation or warranties, express or implied, with respect to size, count, weight, style, authenticity, provenance, period material, manufacturer, artist, origin copyright or reproduction right or any other warranty except as specified below on any lot sold. All measurements and weights are approximate. All glassware is sold as is; we cannot check every piece for chips. Greenwich Auction is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings, and other works or frames, regardless of cause. Greenwich Auction will not guarantee the authenticity of any signature unless so stated at the time of auction. We will only guarantee the medium in which the particular work is executed. We are not responsible for typographical errors of descriptions either in the catalog or on the internet.
3. The catalog listings are meant as a descriptive guide only. Greenwich Auction encourages all potential bidders to preview our items in person, we hold several days of previews before each auction. Further photographs, condition reports and in hand evaluations are available upon request. Preview days are listed on the website www.greenwichauction.net.
4. All sales are final. No returns. No exceptions. Greenwich Auction is not responsible for internet bidding errors. Greenwich Auction is not responsible for errors made while bidding via electronic medium.
5. Greenwich Auction reserves the right to withdraw, combine, or divide any lot at its sole discretion prior to the commencement of bidding.
6. All lots are sold to the highest bidder. The auctioneer has the right to not accept any bid! Bidding maybe reopened at the auctioneer's discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to re-offer the item at any other time. The auctioneer may execute bids on behalf of absentee bidders and on behalf of consignors up to a reserve price. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has the final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer the lot in dispute. If any dispute arises after a sale, the Greenwich Auction sale record shall be conclusive.
7 Absentee bids may be placed by mail, email, phone or in person. Greenwich Auction will execute such bids up to the maximum amount specified. Absentee bids must leave credit cards on file to bid. Greenwich Auction is not responsible for errors or omissions in the execution of these bids.
9. A Buyer's Premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold.
In-house, absentee, phone bidders: buyer’s premium is 25% discounted to 20% for payments by cash, check, or money order received within 5 days of the given auction.
All Internet & Online bidders: buyer's premium is 28%, discounted to 25% for payment by cash, check, or money order received within 5 days of the given auction.
10. Payment is due within 5 business days of a given auction.
Acceptable forms of payment include:
Cash, check, (make check payable to Antique Treasures LLC), money order, wire. Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Greenwich Auction does not accept PayPal.
Payments must come from the invoiced party only- We reserve the right to decline payments from anyone other than the invoiced party.
Please contact Greenwich Auction via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for wiring instructions. Domestic wire fees are $30. International wire fees are $40.
Credit card payments by phone are accepted at the discretion of Greenwich Auction up to $5,000 only and only on U.S. issued credit cards. All other bidders must use check or money order. We recommend establishing check approval ahead of time for larger purchases, as goods may be held until funds clear.
11. All purchases are subject to 6.35% Connecticut sales tax except for (a) the buyer is an out of state resident and the lot is being shipped out of state by a certified shipper,(b) the buyer has a valid tax resale number on file with Greenwich Auction. Resale tax numbers from all states are accepted, but the resale tax form must be completely filled out and received prior to time of purchase. If you pick up your item at our location and you do not have a valid resale certificate you will be subject to CT Sales Tax.
12. A small percentage of lots may have a reserve price, which is the confidential minimum price below which such lots will not be sold. No reserve will exceed the low estimate of the lot. Reserves are agreed upon between consignors and Greenwich Auction.
13. Employees of Greenwich Auction are not prohibited from bidding. It is possible, that through their employment, they may have access to information not available to the public.
14. No auction lot may be removed during the sale or at any time until the full purchase price has been paid. All lots must be paid and removed within 30 days after the auction at the Purchaser’s expense or they are subject to a storage fee of $10.00 per lot, per day no matter the size. Greenwich Auction will not be held responsible for loss or damage to items left on premises over 30 business days. Greenwich Auction reserves the right to re-auction, without reserve, items not removed or not paid for within 30 days. Any Items left at Greenwich Auction past 30 days even if they are paid for will be considered abandoned property and will be forfeited by the buyer.
15. Greenwich Auction reserves the right to hold goods until Purchaser’s check clears our bank. Returned checks are subject to a $50.00 service charge.
16. A Finance Fee of 1% per month will be added to unpaid balances beginning 30 days after the auction.
17. International buyers should be aware that certain countries do not allow the importation of items containing materials made from endangered species. This includes, but is not limited to, coral and tortoise shell. It is the buyer's responsibility to check the relevant import and custom regulations prior to bidding.
18. Auction items are not available for pick up until after the purchaser receives an invoice and the lot is paid for.
19. Greenwich Auction is generally not responsible for shipping. All shipping is to be arranged and paid by successful bidders. Greenwich Auction will provide Purchasers with a list of recommended shippers available on www.greenwichauction.net.
20. If for any cause a purchased lot cannot be delivered in the condition it was in at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or lost prior to delivery/pick-up, Greenwich Auction shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser. We are not responsible for the acts of omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the Purchaser and Greenwich Auction will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
21. Buyers will have 30 days after the auction date to contact Greenwich Auction if there is miss-representation of an item. No claims will be recognized if made by anyone other that the original purchaser. After 30 days, Greenwich Auction will not entertain any request for refunds.
22. All invoices, documents, contracts and conditions are governed by the laws and judicial system of the State of Connecticut.
© 2018 Antique Treasures, LLC: DBA: Greenwich Auction